What can a woman take to gain weight
How can a woman gain weight in 10 days?
There is no quick way to gain weight, as the process of gaining weight is a slow process that may take months, and a healthy weight gain is usually at a rate of 0.45 to 0.91 kilograms per week. Weight Achieving an ideal weight in the long term requires a long time, and here are some basic steps as a way to gain weight:
Boost energy stores
Increasing calorie intake: The amount of calories that the human body needs varies from person to person, and this amount depends on several factors, including age, gender, height, and weight, in addition to the level of physical activity, and weight gain.
A person needs to eat more calories than the body needs, and in general, the daily calorie needs for adult women range from 1,600 calories for women who follow a sedentary lifestyle, to 2,400 calories for more active women, and 500 to 1,000 calories can be added Calories depend on the amount of daily needs to gain from 0.45 to 0.91 kilograms per week.
Follow a healthy eating pattern: The calories that the body needs must be distributed among the different food groups, as the calories in the diet come from foods that contain carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, and we mention in the following the main food groups:
Proteins: A diet rich in proteins helps support muscle growth, as consuming 0.8 to 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight contributes to an increase in muscle mass; Which helps to gain weight in a healthy way. Examples of foods rich in protein are; Eggs, meat, and fish, as well as legumes.
Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are a calorie-rich food, and carbohydrates can be obtained by eating whole wheat flour, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, grains, beans, and starchy vegetables including corn and peas.
Healthy fats: You can get a lot of calories by eating small amounts of foods rich in fat, although it is recommended to avoid foods that contain trans fats, and reduce foods that contain saturated fats, where nuts can be eaten as a snack or added to main meals, and olive or canola oil can be used in cooking, and eating peanut butter, in addition to foods that are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Such as walnuts, flax seeds, and fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, trout, herring, and sardines, and it is worth noting that excessive intake of fat may lead to health problems, so it is recommended to adhere to a diet in which the proportion of calories coming from fat not exceed 30%.
Fruits: Fruits have many health benefits, and fruits can be added with some other foods to increase the number of calories, for example, fruits can be eaten with peanut butter, or cheese, and dried fruits, including raisins, prunes, dates, and figs, are a source Rich in calories, which can be added to salads or cereals, and fresh fruits that contain a high amount of calories, such as mango and avocado, can be eaten.
Vegetables: Vegetables contain many health benefits, so be sure to include them in your diet.
Milk and its products: Milk and its products are among the foods that cannot be dispensed with in a healthy diet, and to increase the number of calories consumed, some nuts or flax seeds can be added to yogurt for a snack, and a glass of milk can be drunk with meals.
Tips to increase your calorie intake
- Eating foods with a high nutritional density: They are foods that contain a large number of calories in small quantities, and in this way it is possible to obtain the daily needs of calories without feeling full quickly, and examples of foods with a high nutritional density are the following:
Nuts: which are a rich source of fiber and protein, and 30 grams of nuts contain 150 to 200 calories.
Seeds: Seeds, including sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, contain large amounts of calories, so they are a good snack option, and can be added to salads, oats, soups, and other foods.
Nut butter: A tablespoon of peanut butter contains about 100 calories, and you can eat butter made from almonds.
Fruits: As mentioned previously, dried fruits are a rich source of calories.
Healthy fats and oils: One tablespoon of olive oil contains 120 calories.
- Avoid Nutrient Foods: Eating foods without nutrients, including soda, candy, and potato chips, is an unsuccessful way to build muscle, strengthen bones, and preserve tissue.
- Have small and frequent meals: It is recommended to eat five to six meals a day, especially if the person suffers from loss of appetite, in addition to drinking fluids before and after meals, and avoiding them during meals; To contribute to leaving more room for food.
- Enhancing calories for different dishes: When preparing the usual foods, it is recommended to use additives that contain large amounts of calories, such as adding grated cheese, peanut butter, or almond butter, or adding healthy oils to salads, such as olive oil, or olives, Or avocado, nuts, or sunflower seeds, and one or two tablespoons of dry milk powder can be added to soups, mashed potatoes, or liquid milk.
- Make sure to eat full-fat products: It is recommended to avoid low-fat or fat-free foods and focus on full-fat foods.
- Consumption of drinks that contain high calories: You should pay attention to the type of drinks and the times of their consumption, and juices and smoothies are a better choice than soft drinks or coffee, and fruits, vegetables, or dairy products can be added to juices.
Disadvantages of weight loss in women
Being underweight may lead to many health problems, as mentioned previously; Although some people who suffer from thinness may not show any side effects or negative effects, others may experience the following symptoms:
- Osteoporosis: Being underweight in women may increase the risk of osteoporosis, where the bones are brittle and more prone to fracture.
- Skin, hair, and dental problems: Not getting enough nutrients during the day can lead to physical symptoms such as thinning skin, hair loss, dry skin, or dental problems.
- Increased risk of disease: Not getting enough energy from food can lead to a lack of nutrients necessary to fight infection; Which results in a lot of diseases, in addition to an increase in the duration of common diseases such as colds.
- Constant feeling of fatigue: Calories are defined as the unit of energy that is obtained by eating foods, so not eating enough calories may lead to an increased feeling of fatigue.
- Anemia: a person who is underweight is usually more likely to develop anemia; This may cause dizziness, headache, and fatigue.
- Irregular menstruation: being underweight in women can lead to irregular, delayed or interrupted periods in teenage women; Which may cause infertility.
- Premature delivery: A pregnant woman who is underweight may be at greater risk of preterm birth; That is, the birth of the child before the completion of 37 weeks of pregnancy.
- Weak or delayed growth: Children need to get adequate amounts of nutrients to promote their growth and strengthen their bones, and children’s underweight and not getting enough calories may lead to a delay or weakness in growth.
Healthy and natural recipes to gain weight
As mentioned earlier; It is important for people who want to increase their weight to achieve this in a healthy way, as some unhealthy foods – such as sweets and soft drinks – may cause weight gain, but they are harmful to health, and may cause harm to the body, and therefore it is necessary to take into account the consumption of useful high-calorie foods when desired. in weight gain, and over several weeks; The amount of food must be increased gradually, so that the digestive tract is able to deal with it.
The diet for weight gain includes eating three meals a day; If the person’s appetite is good, meals can be made larger than usual, but in the event that this is not possible, it is recommended to divide it into five or six small meals, and at intervals during the day, and it is possible for people to use the alarm; This is to help remind you to eat at regular intervals, and it is also recommended to focus on foods that have a high energy density; Any foods that contain a large amount of energy in a small amount of it.
It is one of the most effective recipes in the treatment of thinness and can be used in more than one way, as it is possible to grind an appropriate amount of Cyperus, then add to it a ground fenugreek and a group of various nuts such as almonds, pistachios, etc., and then eat it with a glass of whole milk four times per day for a whole month or until the desired weight is reached.
In it, two tablespoons of halva are mixed with a small box of yoghurt, then the recipe is taken every morning on an empty stomach, and the recipe is repeated until the thinness is treated and the ideal weight is reached.
In it, a medium-sized spoon of walnut leaf is mixed in a cup of hot water, then the mixture is covered and left for a quarter of an hour to soak, then it is filtered and then a cup of it is taken after lunch and another cup after dinner, and the recipe is repeated daily for the best results.
It is one of the wonderful herbs and also effective in getting rid of thinness, and it can be used by mixing a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of hot water, then cover the mixture and leave it aside for a quarter of an hour, then filter and sweeten with honey or sugar as desired, and then eat it three times Half an hour before eating, and the recipe must be repeated daily and regularly in order to obtain satisfactory results.
It is used by eating a tablespoon of ground coriander after every meal, and the quantity can be put in salad or soup, and the recipe is repeated daily for a whole month, as coriander is one of the herbs rich in iron that strengthens the blood by increasing the number of red blood cells in The body, as it is considered an appetizer, thus eating larger quantities of food.
Raisins and sesame
Where nutrition experts are advised to eat 150 grams of raisins, then eat two teaspoons of sesame seeds, one tablespoon of honey and three bananas, which is a proven and effective recipe for rapid weight gain, and it should be noted that no result will be obtained unless the person is regular in the recipes .
This recipe is one of the best natural recipes for weight gain for women
What pills help you gain weight?
Weight gain for women
Birth control pills or birth control pills: They are the pills used in the event of a desire for birth control or avoidance of pregnancy, and it is one of the common methods used for this purpose due to its general safety, ease of use, and low prices. It is widely reported that oral contraceptives cause weight gain, but the best we can say is that they do not.”
It is worth noting that one of the systematic reviews published in 2014 in the journal (Cochrane) analyzed the results of several studies with the aim of answering the common question: Do birth control pills fatten the buttocks and cause weight gain? The results showed that there was no link between the use of contraceptive pills and weight gain.
With the study authors pointing to the need to conduct studies that adopt more accurate and more effective methods in the search for this relationship, and it is noteworthy that the slight increase in weight that some women may notice when starting to use Contraceptive pills are caused by an increase in fluid levels in the body and not by an actual increase in fat. Weight usually returns to normal within two to three months of starting the pill.
Many women may wonder about the existence of a relationship between hormonal changes and weight gain, and in the context of the conversation we show that there is a relationship between changing the level of hormones in the body and weight gain.
Which explains the weight gain in some women as a result of the contraceptive pill at the beginning of its production containing a high percentage of Estrogen and progestin, and it is noteworthy that high levels of estrogen may lead to weight gain as a result of its contribution to opening the appetite and increasing fluid retention in the body.
But birth control pills that are manufactured at the present time contain lower proportions of hormones This makes the problem of weight gain uncommon when it is used, as it is indicated that contraceptive pills in the past contained approximately 150 micrograms of estrogen, while the estrogen level in birth control pills currently ranges between 20-50 micrograms.
So, Contraceptive pills are one of the safe contraceptive methods that are rumored to cause weight gain, which has been denied in many studies and emphasized that it is limited to simple weight gain or in limited cases with the possibility that this weight gain is not related to the use of birth control pills, On the other hand, it is recommended to follow the tips and instructions necessary to maintain a healthy weight while using these pills.
An overview of thinness in women
Thinness can affect health, so it is important to know its meaning and what can be done to get rid of it, as thinness means that body weight is less than a healthy weight rate, and the Body Mass Index, which is known for short as BMI, is one of the best ways to assess weight.
And knowing whether it is normal or healthy, and the value of this indicator can be calculated using the person’s weight and height, and an adult is considered in the healthy weight range if his BMI ranges from 18.5 to 24.9, but if the BMI is less than 18.5, the person can be considered Thin, and body fat percentage can also be measured to assess weight status.
In general, the natural fat percentage for women ranges from 10% to at least 13% in order to maintain basic body functions; As the low percentage of fat in the body may lead to the emergence of health problems, and it is worth noting that thinness is common among women about 2 to 3 times more than men.
In the end, we have known the best ways to gain weight in women, the best ways to gain weight in pregnant women, what a pregnant woman should do to gain weight, what is the truth about birth control pills and their relationship to weight gain in women