An individual needs to consume more calories than the body burns, and it is worth noting that there is no specific
vitamin to gain weight.
Where vitamins do not contain any calories, but the individual needs all kinds of vitamins in his diet, in order to avoid a
deficiency of any of them, as the lack of some vitamins may lead to weight loss or loss of appetite.
For example, vitamin B12 deficiency leads to a loss of appetite and thus difficulty in eating more calories that an
individual needs to gain weight.
Therefore, when you follow any diet program to gain weight, it is recommended to make sure that you get all the
vitamins that the body needs.
Dietary supplements that help in gaining weight
Focus on increasing muscle mass when starting the process of gaining body weight.
This can be done by following a healthy diet and exercising appropriately.
Some types of nutritional supplements can also be used that provide calories or increase athletic performance.
The following are the most important of these nutritional supplements:
- Dietary supplements that contain protein: Protein is very important for muscle growth, and it is recommended to get between 1.4-2.0 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
- Creatine supplement: It is one of the supplements that help to gain weight and increase muscle mass, and can improve the performance of exercise.
- Weight gain supplements: These are high-calorie products, as they contain large amounts of carbohydrates and protein.
- Nutritional supplements to improve athletic performance: These include caffeine, citrulline, beta-alanine, and HMB.
Foods that help you gain weight
Many foods can contribute to an increase in the amount of calories, which helps to gain weight safely.
Here are the most important of these foods:
- Milk: Milk contains fats, carbohydrates, and proteins, and is also an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including calcium.
- Rice: Rice is a good source of carbohydrates and calories that contribute to weight gain, as one cup of rice contains about 200 calories.
- Red meat: Red meat helps build muscle and gain weight, as it contains a high amount of proteins and fats.
- Nuts and nut butter: Nuts and nut butter are a healthy, high-calorie snack that leads to weight gain.
- Whole-wheat bread: Whole-wheat bread contains complex carbohydrates, which can promote weight gain.
- Salmon: It is a rich source of healthy fats that help in gaining weight.
- Dried fruits: They are rich in nutrients and calories, for example, a quarter of a cup of dried cranberries contains 130 calories.
- Dark chocolate: It is a rich source of fat and calories.
- Fats and oils: They contain calories, and unsaturated fats, as a tablespoon of olive oil contains about 120 calories.
- Full-fat cheeses: They are a good source of fat, protein, calcium, and calories.
- Whole grain pasta: It is a rich source of calories and carbohydrates.