Someone may tell you about raspberry tea and its importance and distinctive effectiveness, especially in relation to pregnancy. What are the benefits of raspberry tea for pregnant women and how can she prepare and drink it. Follow our next article to find out the answer.
Mulberry tea is one of the traditional and medicinal herbal drinks for some peoples, where it is used in alternative medicine, as some call it as a woman’s herb due to its benefits for women, and its many uses are due to its nutritional value and health benefits, so what is the importance of mulberry tea for a pregnant woman
Benefits of raspberry tea for pregnant women
Mulberry tea and other herbs may be used by pregnant women to relieve symptoms associated with pregnancy and childbirth. The benefits of mulberry tea for pregnant women are as follows:
- Promoting blood flow to the uterus, which improves the health of the uterus.
- The use of red raspberry leaf tea works to strengthen the muscles of the uterus.
- facilitating childbirth; This is because it contains( fragarine), which works to tighten the pelvic area and the walls of the uterus.
- Improving the effectiveness of contractions during labor and delivery.
- Work to reduce complications of childbirth, and helps prevent excessive bleeding after childbirth.
- Help reduce the duration and time of childbirth, and reduce medical interventions during it.
Studies are still being conducted on these benefits to confirm them more and more deeply, so do not forget to tell the doctor and take his advice regarding any medical matter during pregnancy.
Nutritional value of raspberry tea for pregnant women
The benefits of mulberry tea for pregnant women are due to the distinctive nutritional value of berries, as it is rich in a number of nutrients, which are represented in the following form:
- Antioxidants: Rich in polyphenols, which are an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Nutrients: Berry tea contains iron, calcium, potassium and a number of vitamins: vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Diuretic: The diuretic property helps relieve bloating caused by fluid retention in the body.
When should a pregnant woman drink raspberry tea
The most important information about how to drink raspberry tea for pregnant women is as follows:
- It is preferable to drink red raspberry tea or raspberry leaf tea after 32 weeks of pregnancy.
- It is preferable to drink it in moderation, and it is not preferable to drink it in the first weeks of pregnancy, due to its effect and stimulation of the uterus, which may cause a miscarriage early in pregnancy.
- Start by drinking one cup of raspberry tea per day, and then gradually increase the amount to three cups per day, as the tea needs to accumulate in the body, and then its effectiveness begins to appear on the pregnant woman.
- Stop drinking it if you start to feel strong advanced pregnancy cramps or any other side effects.
How to make raspberry tea
Preparing raspberry tea is easy and simple, as it does not require many ingredients or long effort, the details are as follows:
All you need is the following:
- A number of berries.
- a glass of water.
- One tablespoon of honey, sugar, to taste.
Follow these steps to prepare the raspberry tea:
- Rinse the berries well and remove any discolored ones.
- Boil the water on the stove.
- Add the berries to the hot water and soak for 10-20 minutes.
- Filter the water and add honey or sugar to it.
- You can drink the tea hot or cold as you wish.
When should a pregnant woman avoid drinking raspberry tea
As we explained above, studies are still looking at the safety and effectiveness of mulberry tea for pregnant women, and there are some caveats about pregnant women drinking it, the most prominent of which are the following:
- If the pregnant woman suffers from complications or health problems during pregnancy, such as: high blood pressure.
- If you have previously had a premature birth.
- The pregnant woman is going to undergo a caesarean section or have had it before.
- If the pregnant woman suffers from any vaginal bleeding in the second half of pregnancy.
- Having a family or personal history of uterine, ovarian or breast cancer.
- If the pregnant woman suffers from diabetes previously or gestational diabetes.
- If she is pregnant with twins.
Raspberry tea side effects
Despite the benefits of mulberry tea for pregnant women, it may adversely affect her health at times, and the most prominent side effects are:
- Affects the intestines, and may be a laxative for the stomach.
- It acts as an excessive diuretic in some people.