Onions are one of the materials used in preparing various foods, especially in the daily lunch, so we find women are
disturbed by the smell of onions remaining on their hands after preparing the meal that includes onions.
And embarrassment, especially when a relative visits her, so she is looking for ways to reduce this annoying smell, and
in this article we will present a group of inexpensive home methods.
Which contribute to alleviating the smell of onions and removing them from the hands.
How to remove onion smell from hands
To remove the onion smell from the hands, the following methods can be used:
- Vinegar to remove the smell of onions: We put a few drops of vinegar on the palms of the hands after you finish cutting the onions, rub the hands with vinegar, leave it for some time, and then wash them with water, as vinegar is an effective way to get rid of the strong onion smell.
- Coffee: We add a little ground coffee to the hands, then wash them with water immediately, as the coffee helps to eliminate the onion smell immediately.
- Mouthwash: We put dots of mouthwash on the hands, then wash them with water.
- Salt: We wash our hands with water, take a handful of salt, and rub our hands with it, while the water continues to fall on the hands, and using this method may expose the hands to dryness, so we must moisturize them afterwards.
- Baking soda: To avoid dry hands caused by using salt in the previous method, we can use baking soda, and rub your hands with it for a few seconds under running water.
- Sugar: We put the hands under the tap and rub them with a little sugar, as the sugar gives the hands a pleasant smell, and rids them of the smell of onions.
- Toothpaste: Rub your hands with a little toothpaste that contains fluoride, then wash them with warm water.
- Metal bowls: Rubbing the hands while they are under water with one of the metal pieces such as a spoon greatly contributes to removing the smell of onions from them.
Tips to remove onion smell
- Wear cooking gloves, which will help prevent onions from smelling when cutting them on your hands.
- Peel the onions, wrap them, and put them in the refrigerator for two hours before cutting them; Because placing it in the refrigerator greatly helps to remove gases and strong odors from it.
- Wash hands immediately after cutting onions with hand soap.
- Use white onions instead of red; This is because white onions are lighter in terms of smell and burning that cause tears from the eyes.
You May like : Protect your Health from diseases
Method of liquid soap and salt
Washing hands with liquid soap and salt helps to remove the smell of onions, and food particles left over from the
hands, and any type of liquid soap can be used.
Such as: liquid hand soap, shampoo, and dishwashing soap. As for salt, any type of it can be used, and it can also be
replaced with a paste. Teeth, ground coffee, or baking soda, and its method is:
- A tablespoon of liquid soap.
- A tablespoon of salt.
How to prepare:
- Mix soap and salt in a small bowl.
- Rub the hands with the mixture and take into account rubbing the palms of the hand, the back of the hand, the wrists, between the fingers, and under the nails.
- Wash hands with cold water.