Honey (honey for hair benefits) is one of the best ingredients that benefit hair. It moisturizes it, makes it smooth, reduces its breakage, promotes its growth, strengthens the follicles, and limits its fall. It is also rich in antioxidant properties that prevent hair damage, maintains the scalp, and hair in good health.
Honey also contains anti-bacterial and anti-infective properties. The scalp calms some of its problems, such as: dandruff, eczema, and psoriasis, allowing hair to grow without hindrances, and one of the benefits of honey is also that it cleans hair follicles, by getting rid of impurities that cause hair loss, and in this article the benefits of honey for light hair are mentioned. In detail, and the natural ways to use it.
Benefits of honey for hair
Can we apply honey directly on hair?
Honey greatly benefits hair falling, as it is classified as a natural antioxidant that treats hair loss, stimulates its growth and produces a healthy scalp.
Honey also contributes to moisturizing hair through honey’s high sugar content, and also contributes to strengthening hair follicles.
Some of the benefits of honey for hair are:
- Moisturizing the hair because it contains natural moisturizing properties, and because it acts as a laxative.
- Stimulating hair growth because it improves the health of the scalp, because it contains natural antioxidants.
- Improving the health of hair follicles, and thus lengthening it naturally and in a healthy manner, because it helps to restore life to these follicles.
- Moisturizing the scalp, thus contributing to preventing hair loss and strengthening the follicles, because it contains high levels of sugar and moisture.
- Treating dandruff and itching on the scalp and thus treating hair loss, to help prevent infection or psoriasis, and to contribute to keeping the scalp clean and free of bacteria.
- Restore the shine and shine of damaged hair as a result of exposure to direct sunlight, because it contains a high percentage of moisturizing.
- Strengthening hair follicles: honey strengthens hair follicles, preventing it from falling out, making it longer.
- Lightening hair color: Honey contains the glucose oxidase enzyme, which slowly releases hydrogen peroxide, which lightens hair color, and this is done by mixing three tablespoons of honey with two tablespoons of water, put the mixture on wet hair, and leave it for one hour.
- Preventing hair damage and maintaining the health of the scalp; This is because it contains powerful antioxidants.
- Adding luster to the hair: where honey restores the luster to the hair; By mixing two tablespoons of honey in two cups of warm water, and rinsing the hair with them after shampooing.
- Treating dandruff and preventing infection on the scalp: Honey is anti-bacterial; It treats hair problems, such as: eczema, dandruff, and psoriasis.
- Cleaning hair from impurities: honey strengthens hair follicles, in addition to cleaning it of impurities that can clog these follicles, and cause them to fall out.
- Stimulating hair growth: honey restores the activity of dormant follicles, and thus promotes hair growth more intensely.
Honey recipes for hair
How can i use honey for hair growth?
Mix a tablespoon of honey with a special shampoo or apply it directly to the scalp, wear a shower cap on the hair for about 20 to 30 minutes, and then wash it well with lukewarm water. To get effective and guaranteed results, it is recommended to repeat this process at least twice a week.
Mix nine parts of honey and one part of water in a clean bowl, massage the scalp with this mixture well, cover the hair from the roots to the ends, and leave it like this for about three hours, and then wash it well with lukewarm water, and repeat this process once. At least a week.
Mix two tablespoons of honey with a tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl until they are completely mixed, and put the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, and you must wait for a minute until the mixture cools, and then put it on the hair, massaging the scalp, then covering the head using a shower cap Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Honey hair mask
There are many hair masks that rely on honey among its components, which benefit hair, especially falling hair and stimulate its growth, and we will mention the following:
Massage the scalp using a tablespoon of honey or mix a tablespoon of honey with shampoo, then massage the scalp with it, then cover the hair using a plastic shower cap and leave for 20-30 minutes, then wash the hair using warm water, and the process is repeated twice over At least per week for best results.
Honey and olive oil mask
The mask of honey and olive oil can be used to stimulate hair growth, moisturize and stimulate blood circulation in the scalp, by mixing an amount ranging from 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil with 7-8 tablespoons of honey well and then put the mixture on the scalp The hair is left for at least 40-45 minutes, then the hair is washed using warm water and shampoo, and this process is repeated two or three times a month to get soft and supple hair.
Honey and olive oil mask – the second recipe
To treat falling hair and to stimulate its growth, mix two tablespoons of cinnamon with two tablespoons of honey with one egg, then mix the ingredients well using a fork, and distribute them on the scalp and hair well with combing, after massaging the scalp with half a cup of warm olive oil, then Leave it on the hair for 10-15 minutes, then wash the hair as usual.
Honey and oily hair
Oily hair is one of the types of hair that requires great care and attention, as it is more prone to various problems due to the increased secretion of oils and fats in the scalp; Therefore, it is necessary to take care of it in various ways, whether by focusing on eating healthy and balanced food, or by following the correct and proper behaviors, or by using some of its own mixtures and recipes.
Honey is considered one of the natural materials that are nourishing and useful for all types of hair, as it has a high nutritional value as it contains important elements and minerals necessary for hair, and from this point of view, it is useful in treating some of the problems of oily hair, and we will learn in this article its most prominent benefits, and the most famous mixtures that enter into Prepare it.
Benefits of honey for oily hair
- Contains antioxidants that protect hair from split ends and breakage.
- It eliminates dandruff thanks to its natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
- Stimulates blood circulation in the scalp.
- Maintains the level of collagen important to protect hair from breakage.
- It prevents its fall, and increases its density during a period of repeated use.
Tips for taking care of oily hair
Wash the hair well from the effects of the shampoo to get rid of the chemicals stuck in the scalp.
Use a shampoo suitable for oily hair, and it is preferable to use natural types.
Use conditioner for the ends of the hair only, and avoid applying it to the scalp, then wash it well with water.
Avoid washing hair more than twice a week to avoid stimulating the work of the sebaceous glands.
Eat foods rich in fatty acids such as omega-3, and do not increase carbohydrates and sugars.
Avoid rubbing the scalp vigorously.
Benefits of honey for coarse hair
- Honey provides many benefits for coarse hair, through its great ability to supply the scalp with vitamins and nutrients, and these benefits are as follows:
- Soften the hair and improve the health of the follicles, so it is recommended to add it to the special shampoo.
- Moisturizing the hair and maintaining its natural water content.
- It removes dirt and impurities stuck in the hair, making it easier for oxygen to reach it.
- It gives the hair the necessary gloss and lightens its color.
- It treats infections that affect the scalp.
- It strengthens curly hair and prevents its fall.
Can honey damage your hair – or your health?
Despite the health benefits of honey, there are some caveats associated with it, and we explain them in the following points:
Raw honey can contain types of harmful bacteria, such as: Clostridium botulinum, which is dangerous for children; It may cause botulism, whose symptoms are constipation, slow breathing, drooping eyelids, loss of head control, malnutrition, lethargy, in addition to paralysis that spreads to the bottom, and therefore honey should be avoided Raw materials for infants and children under one year of age.
Honey can cause allergic reactions in people with pollen allergies. So it should be avoided.
Honey can be unsafe when made from the nectar of the Rhododendron plant, which contains a toxic substance that may cause heart problems, low blood pressure, chest pain, and other serious heart problems.
YOU MAY LIKE : Pine honey benefits