What are the benefits of barley for hair.
How can the use of barley help to improve the appearance and body of hair.
Does barley damage you beware of. Here are the answers:
Let’s learn about the benefits of barley for hair in the following:
Benefits of barley for hair
Here are the details below:
Enhance hair density and support its growth
- Barley contains abundantly an important group of nutrients that can support the healthy growth of hair, to increase its density over time, such as the following nutrients:
- Some vitamins of group B important for hair growth.
such as: vitamin B3 or what is known as niacin, and vitamin thiamine.
- Lysine, an amino acid important for collagen production, may support healthy hair growth.
- Other nutrients important for hair growth, such as: zinc, and iron.
These nutrients will not only add noticeable density to the hair but will also make the hair grow strong and soft as well.
Maintain natural hair color
Barley contains a good level of copper.
This mineral in particular may play an important role in maintaining natural hair color.
Copper enters the processes of manufacturing and producing melanin in the body.
Melanin is the natural pigment that gives our hair its distinctive colour.
Therefore, including barley in the diet can help you maintain a beautiful hair color all the time or help you restore the natural color of your hair that may have been damaged by something.
stop hair loss
One of the potential hair benefits of barley is that it may help stop or reduce hair loss.
Especially in cases where the fall is attributed to anemia
Barley is a food rich in iron and copper, and these minerals in particular play an important role in the production of red blood cells and fighting anemia.
Therefore, eating foods rich in it may help to combat hair loss associated with anemia.
Barley is also a natural source of vitamin E, and this type of vitamin may help combat hair loss.
Other benefits of barley for hair
The use of barley on the hair may also have other benefits, such as:
- Protecting the hair and scalp from damage and some problems that may be caused by the activity of free radicals in the body. Barley is rich in selenium, which is a natural antioxidant.
- Nourishing the scalp by providing it with many important nutrients that may enhance its health.
How to reap the benefits of barley for hair
Adding barley or barley water to your diet can help you reap many of the hair benefits of barley listed above.
Here are some suggested recipes and methods:
Barley water recipe
To prepare this nutritious drink at home:
Here are the main components you’ll need:
- A quarter cup of barley.
- 4 cups of water.
- Optional additions, such as: a pinch of salt, honey, and lemon juice.
How to prepare
To prepare nutritious barley water, the following is recommended:
- Soak the barley in a little water overnight.
- Put the barley in the morning of the next day in a pot containing two cups of water.
- Put the pot on the fire and leave until it begins to boil.
then the fire is reduced to the bottom of the mixture.
- Leave the barley and water mixture to boil over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture from the barley, then serve the barley water warm after adding the flavored options to it.
You can also try to reap the benefits of barley for hair by: adding boiled barley grains to different dishes,.
or by using different barley products in preparing your dishes, such as: barley flour and green barley herbs.
After we have discussed the potential benefits of barley for hair.
we must also address the damages that may result from the use of barley, the most prominent of which are:
- Allergic complications when eating barley by people with celiac disease or wheat allergy,.
such as: nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Digestive complications associated with the high fiber content of barley, such as: bloating, gas, and abdominal cramps.
- A drop in blood sugar levels.
Therefore, it is preferable to avoid the use of barley by groups that are not suitable for gluten
It is also preferable to introduce barley gradually to the diet.
and to ensure that adequate amounts of water are taken along with the intake of barley.
Can barley cause hair loss
Barley, as mentioned above, contains gluten.
And gluten may stimulate the occurrence of infections in the gastrointestinal tract in people with health disorders or certain diseases.
Like celiac disease, these infections can in turn reduce the ability of the gut to absorb nutrients from food efficiently, and poor absorption of nutrients may trigger hair loss.
So, since the gluten content of barley may stimulate the occurrence of all of the above, eating barley can stimulate hair loss for people with celiac disease.
Barley benefits for skin
In addition to the benefits of barley for hair, which we discussed above, barley may have other aesthetic benefits related to the skin. Regular use of barley can help with the following:
- Resisting many skin diseases and problems, such as acne, due to the potential ability of barley to resist infections and treat clogged pores.
- Resisting the early appearance of signs of skin aging, such as: sagging skin and wrinkles, due to the potential ability of barley to tighten the skin and maintain its elasticity, and to resist the activity of harmful free radicals. And
- Lightening the skin tone, due to the potential ability of barley to reduce the amounts of sebum secreted in the skin, and gently exfoliate the surface of the skin.
- Achieving other benefits for the skin, such as: moisturizing skin tissues, and accelerating the rate of wound healing.